Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Galactic Journies

The weather here takes my breath away..... a few days ago, I went out at twilight and there was a layer of fog hung low to the ground. Fireflies whirled about the garden like magic sparks. It was warm enough for shorts and a tank top, so awakening. Last night as we laid down to sleep it started pouring, and a few nights ago we went to sleep with thunder again. I love it, something really feels magical about the air, the quick changes in the elements, I'm hooked.
It's definitely been a slow week, after returning from Cali and the movie shoot came to an end, we've been taking it really easy. I feel like I'm living like I'm 80, not that there's anything wrong with that, I love the mellow ease to my days and nights. Brian taught me how to crochet a few weeks ago, and I'm on a roll, I've made five hats, still working on perfecting, but I like them all. Don't be surprised if I try to keep your heads warm for Christmas. :) I've also been reading a lot, I finally finished the 6 huge novels of the Outlander series. (Though I just found out that she wrote a new one, coming out in September!!!, I know my mom's excited.) Fabulous series if anyone is looking for something to read. Also, within 2 weeks I read all four of the Twilight series, they were pretty awesome, the last one especially.
On a more productive note, I've been applying to WVU and trying to figure out a way to afford such absurd expenses.... working on getting in state tuition. Also been poking my nose around for a job a may enjoy, anything but waitressing...at least in this juncture. But alas, Brian and my gypsy ways may have us off into the world again. If neither of us find work or school holding us back, perhaps we'll head to Australia, or gypsy caravan through Europe, we both want to do a little space travel, so it might be galactic journeys that beckon us. I hope y'all are smiling and happy, I miss you and hope to hear word of you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment